Gugulipid Supplements

Is there any evidence that gugulipid supplements can have negative interactions with HIV mediciations. In particulat epzicom and kaletra. from your experience is it effective on lowering cholesterol levels that are slightly elevated. thanks

Gugulipid has been used in India and other places for a variety of uses including lowering plasma lipids. The reported benefit is modest compared to available prescription drugs and the actual benefit is controversial. There is concern about its potential to interfere with the liver metabolism of numerous drugs including some HIV drugs. I am unaware of any actual published data studying the pharmacology of guggal and HIV meds so I would advise a high level of caution before using if taking HIV meds (or a wide variety of other meds such as thyroid meds, B-blockers, calcium channel blockers and others). I have no diect experience with patients taking Gugulipid and HIV drugs.KH

getting hair on my body
Confused