Dec 7, 2005
I've had them the bulk of my 4 years of being HIV poz. On and off meds. Day and night, since I work nights, and often sleep days. I'm repeatedly told I haven't had it "long enough" for this to happen. No other explanations. Please clarify this experience.
Response from Dr. Henry
Some HIV+ individuals do have more or less continuous symptoms after infection due to their own immune system, personnel genetics, and other factors (sometimes other infections as well). An evaluation of your overall immune system (including CD4 count), risk for other infections (such as TB), general health and hormone status by an HIV specialist is recommended. KH
****one+ one= BABY!!
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Sex With Sex Worker
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Condom Broke?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sharing A Toothbrush?
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Toothbrush
- Sex With Hooker Negative Elisa At 16 Weeks
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.