Why does alprazolam quell side effects

I'm 5 years in on a regimen of Ziagen,Epivir,Viramune 3 yrs in dropped d4t 'cause my legs were melting away. Tried Epzicom and could not tolerate it.Knocked me down.I was a bit surprised.Im back on twice a day now Meds now.Fatigue(as usual) and loss of appetite have been increasing(which is odd isn't it?) problems.Could that indicate a tolerance to Ziagen?? I am also prescribed xanax 1mg 4x a day,it was 2 a day immediately upon diagnosis, for shock. and Ive took them ever since-5 years as prescribed with no problems.In fact that's the question, I increased to 4 1mg a day xanax one year after switching to Ziagen,because they seemed to fight the BAD fatigue that I have this year come to experience(i've felt it as long as Ive been taking meds,but this year an increasing problem) In fact they are of incredible benefit against any side effects my meds might wanna throw on me. Of course I expereince stress and anxiety and occasional depression.I can identify all that,but it's no more than anyone else may deal with...I deal with the mental side.After 5 yrs.you finally put your HIV status in a place.I'm sure xanax helped with that along the way. QUESTION- Why do benzodiazepines (specifically alprazolam) counter lousy side effects??Are they widely prescribed to HIv patients? I would imaginre the answer is yes. Part of the reason is obvious.But could you please expand on it if you can? If by no other basis than comparative anaysis of patient info.I couldn't do without them.In fact tried for a month recently,partly to see if there were any withdrawal type problems and all I experienced was a broken heart because I was too tired to play with my 2 yr. old baby girl.So Im back on 4-6 mg a day and feeling an acceptable level of misery again.(good) Dr's I/we all Thank you for your contributions here and I think a donation in order. Please help me understand why this drug is so marvelous at killing the retroviral lazyfunk?

Since most patients taking Xanax on an HIV regimen such as yours don't experience or describe the benefit you have had it must just be a good fit for you. There is no easy biochemical/pharmaceutical answer that I can offer. KH

red rice yeast extract raising glucose level
Recurring Conjunctivitis