Stomach acid

I few weeks ago I started treatment with Epzicom and Ryataz. My main side effects are mild nausea for a few hours after taking the meds. I also have problems with an upset stomach, mainly sour with accid reflux for the next 24 hours. My questions: If and when can I take a anti acid medication. I know the Rayatz needs stomach acid to work, but would at be ok to take something after it is totally upsorbed by the stomach? What would you recommend to take?

By the way: The meds are working well. Already after only 3 weeks I got better labs: VL down to 170 from 17,000, CD4 up to 348 from 245 and the percentage from 20% to 28 %. Cant wait for the results on my next blood test.

Thanks for your help.

:)

It is generally OK to take some antacids or H2 blockers (such as cimetidine or ranitidine) about 12 hours after taking the Reyataz. If you take your once daily HIV meds in the AM then evening antacids or H2 blocker should be OK--need to discuss with your HIV doc. KH

CD4 Count 190
red rice yeast extract raising glucose level