Nov 29, 2005
I have been on warfarin for 7 years. I just started hiv medication with 3tc, sustiva and tenofovir. I am seeing a specilist for both hiv and one for thrombosis. Will this combination of hiv drugs and warfarin result in any serious complications that you are aware of? Thank you for your help.
Response from Dr. Henry
Sustiva can alter the levels of the warfarin in unpredictable ways . I have patients on both (generally do fine). One simply has to follow the INR carefully and adjust the warfarin levels accordingly. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Itchy Rash Sign Of Seroconversion
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- HIV Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.