AIDS and back pain

I was diagnosed in July with AIDS. I had a cd count of 52. Last blood work I had jumped to 249. I have been having back pain even befor I was diagnosed. When I went to the Dr., they told me I had herniated disks. I spent four weeks in the hospital with PCP, where my back did not bother me once. Recently it is bothering me so much. I can not staighten my left leg while laying on my back or sitting in a chair and lift it any higher then 5 inche off the floor. Same with my right leg just not as bad. I can not sit in a chair and bend to touch the floor. Especially with my neck bent down. Please tell me if this is due to HIV or something more serious.

I would appreciate any help.

It sounds like your herniated disc is pinching a nerve. That problem is generally not related to HIV but is very painful and can damage the nerve if the nerve impingement is severe. YThere are some HIV-related nerve conditions that can cause nerve pain. Your HIV doc should be able to evaluate the cause and provide effective pain relief and possibly referral to a neurologist/physical therapist. I assume you have had an MRI or CT to look at the disc/nerve situation. KH

Medication with Hep C
what can my cousin do?!