Truvada and Sustiva
Nov 25, 2005
I am experiencing hyperpigmention and I was wondering if there was any way to stop this,or a way to 'overried' this, as I feel it makes it obvious that I am on HIV meds.
Response from Dr. Henry
The hyperpigmentaion is possibly due to the FTC in the Truvada. Maybe a switch from FTC to 3TC might help or some alternative NRTI backbone regimen. Also suggest seeing a dermatologist to consider other possibilities. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Coated Tongue?
- Can You Get HIV From Touching An Open Scab?
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.