Depression & anxiety

Hi, I have been experiencing a lot of depression/anxiety and insecurities/fear leading to inability to make decisions. I started treatment in Feb on a blind trial which contained combivir and perhaps effavirins or UK427. This was changed in late June to Atazanivir/Ritonovir and Truvada. Although I still appear to have similar feelings. I was put on citalopram antidepressant 3 weeks ago but it appears to be making me more nervous/anxious and unable to make decisions. I also wake up early each morning with anxiety/sweating regardless of the time I go to sleep. So they gave me some diazapam to help. I am also finding my concentration/motivation is poor and my work and life is really suffering as a result. Do you think these are side effects from the meds or could it also linked to life situations as I am having some tricky times in my relationship etc.) Would you suggest changing meds? and if so to which ones? I did start the same antidepresants in July for 2 months but this seemed to make things worse so I stopped. Do you think the citalopram is the wrong one for me? and if so would you suggest alternative(s)? Or should I persist? Many thanks

Your current HIV regimen (atazanavir/ritonavir/Truvada) generally does not directly cause or aggravate depression or anxiety though being HIV+ and taking HIV meds can indirectly worsen underlying mental health problems. Getting good counseling and seeing an interested psychiatrist are often helpful over time. KH

Trying to fight the lipo...
HIV and Parkinsons