please help

i have been trying to cope up with the side effect of triumune which gives me pains in the stomach,and flutulence. just found out i am pregnant.my doc says the is the main drug administered to pregnant women.what do u think about this and the effect it could have on the babie.can u please propose a treatment. am cd4 is 306 %21.97 and vl undetectable thanks.

If your Trimune contains D4T + 3TC + nevirapine that combination has been used alot in pregnancy though there is more experience with the safety and benefit of AZT + 3TC + nevirapine (Duovir-N) which I generally prefer in pregnancy if that combination is available. Treatment through pregnancy with a triple combination product is generally recommended. D4T can cause some serious liver/pancreas problems so your HIV doc may need to check that out. KH

foot pain, knee pain
Immune Reconstitution Syndrome