|side effects incresed?
Nov 22, 2005
can I take sustiva, lexiva and zyagen and alpha bloquer for prostatic hyperplasia? the sides effects will increase? since all this medication are metabolized bye cytochrom system CYP3A4. I need your opinion. hiv treatment interrupcion for one week is safe for my hiv condition which is in control so the CD4 are 400 and viral load in not detectable. I apreciate your opinion
Response from Dr. Henry
Side effects should not be increased much with your alpha blocker and Sustiva. Week off therapy not recommended when on a Sustiva based regimen due to lack of data regarding risk for resistance. Also, there may be an interaction between Sustiva and Lexiva so may need to boost the Lexiva with ritonavir. KH
side effects incresed?
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.