Warts

Dear Dr. Henry I have a recurring problem with flat warts on my left hand and a couple on my left elbow area. I have had warts in these areas off and on for a few years. The local determatoligst here in town just likes to zap them with liquid nitrogen. Or couse, this hurts like hell and the warts never seem to go away - not to mention that my hand looks like crap. I should mention that my t-cells are about 200 and my viral load is <600. MY numbers have gone up and down, but the warts seem to come and go too. I saw a dermatologist in L.A. and he prescribed Aldera cream 5%. He said that zapping the warts will not work and that the cream will give my immune system a chance to work on the warts itself. He told me to apply it 3x a week. Does that sound right to you? Also, if 3X is okay, why not every night? Thanks

Aldara works slowly and causes local irritation so experience with 3 times per week has generally been useful and balances the need to clear the lesions with the local discomfort/irriation the treatment causes. KH

taking a pancreatin supplement
ONCE AND FOR ALL