When delaying is becoming non-adherance?

I started taking meds about two months ago. My condition is slowly improving and I'm very strict on following my regimen. The first month, though, I forgot to take my pill, even with both beepers we have at home, me and my boyfriend to remind me, so I delayed taking them once after 2 hours, once 1 h 30, once 50 minutes... and I'm wondering: when is delaying can be counted as non-adherance? I red with a lot of interest your article Adherence to HIV Medications: Why Is It So Important?

It is clear for me that a missed dose is non-adherance but they're not precise about delaying. I asked my pharmacist and he's telling me that one hour more or less is without any problem. For example, if my time is 8 h 30, taking them at 9 h 30 is no big deal, as long as the next one is not delayed again... But I would like to get your opinion on this matter. Thanks for answering, and thanks for the excellent work you're doing.

Modest changes in the time you take your HIV meds like you describe is generally OK (+/- 2-4 hours often OK) The bigger problem is missing doses altogether. KH

Parotid swelling
taking a pancreatin supplement