Parotid swelling

My name is John Doe. Currently I am a person living with HIV. The diagnosis was made in 1995 when applying for life insurance.

Initially I was placed on Protease inhibitors with a combo of 2 others medications. At present taking Sustiva, Videx and Zerit. I am doing very well except for the development of bilateral parotid gland enlargement. The right side started to grow big then after about one year the other side followed. The side of the gland fluctuate in size sometimes one being bigger than the other.

I remember once in 1994 even before the diagnosis of HIV was made that I had an episode of right parotid gland swelling that subsided spontaneously. I had the symptoms of blockage. Actually about a year ago I remember feeling a spray of saliva when I pressed hard on the right parotid.

I was wondering if we could arrange an appointment with your or a colleague that you recommend to see me.

I live in Puerto Rico and haven't had any medical examination. Last one was in 2002. I live a normal live and find it very difficult to trust anyone in my area.

Thanks

John Doe

Parotid enlargement in the setting of HIV infection can be due to a variety of causes but often there is a cystic process that develops for unclear reasons. Often low dose radiation therapy is recommended (and helpful though process can re-occur after an evaluation by an ear, nose and throat specialist (often with a CT scan of the parotids). KH

Terrible Acne
When delaying is becoming non-adherance?