neulasta

Hello. I am very curious if medicade medicare will pay for neulasta for aides patients ? My viral load is 300 000. and white cell count is 8 . i funtion well and work parttime but i need too stay on top of getting information for my doctor. I live near chicago .Is neulasta used for Aides patients yet ? Thankyou B

Approval for the use of Neulasta or other white cell growth factors by the funding/insurance agency is variable from state to state and company to company. Generally I have been able to obtain coverage for growth factor use in the setting of AIDS though often there are a number of steps/pre-authorization requirements. The benefit is certain settings is also at times unclear and with the high cost of the drug we need more data to define who clearly benefits. Nutrition, hormone, prophylaxis for infections and improved HIV control may help as well for some patients. KH

Milk Thistle and Cocktails
WAIT FOR MORE TESTING?