Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

neulasta
Nov 18, 2005

Hello. I am very curious if medicade medicare will pay for neulasta for aides patients ? My viral load is 300 000. and white cell count is 8 . i funtion well and work parttime but i need too stay on top of getting information for my doctor. I live near chicago .Is neulasta used for Aides patients yet ? Thankyou B

Response from Dr. Henry

Approval for the use of Neulasta or other white cell growth factors by the funding/insurance agency is variable from state to state and company to company. Generally I have been able to obtain coverage for growth factor use in the setting of AIDS though often there are a number of steps/pre-authorization requirements. The benefit is certain settings is also at times unclear and with the high cost of the drug we need more data to define who clearly benefits. Nutrition, hormone, prophylaxis for infections and improved HIV control may help as well for some patients. KH

Previous
Milk Thistle and Cocktails
Next
WAIT FOR MORE TESTING?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.