HIV/MED Related Skin Rash

Recently after having been on a med combo of 3TC+Atazanavir+Viread (T4 >300 VL <50) for 2 years I have developed a skin rash (similar in appearance to acne) on my chest and extreme itching of the arms and inside the upper thighs (without rash). Is this common to develope these adverse reactions to meds long after starting them? I thought most reactions occur soon after initial combo startup and may clear up after time. Also, is there an OTC treatment/medication effective in treating the rash and for the control/reduction of the itching?

It is unusual for a skin side effect to develop after 2 years of therapy can it can happen. I recommend seeing a skin specialist to pin down the nature of your rash which can be due to severe dry skin, eosinophilic folliculitis, and other conditions--the treatment varies depending on the diagnosis. Often topical steroids, topical or sytemic antifungals, and antihistamines can help depending on the actual condition that is present. KH

fat accumulation in face
thorasic cramping