Sustiva/Truvada

Hello, I was recently diagnosed with a CD4 of 220, and VL or 28,000. I started Sustiva/Truvada and I wanted to know more about the following: 1) Does long term use of this combo causing lipoatrophy (spell check) 2) Ive notice a slightly yellow coating on tongue, and can taste the medicine throughout the day. Is this a common side effect of the medicine? 3)Also my skin has been terribly dry..and dark spots...which has started also since taking the medicine. Any advice would be helpful, because Ive encountered these problems since taking the medicine

This is not much information on long term fat loss on Sustiva/Truvada since that is still a relatively new regimen though comparisons with Sustiva/3TC/D4T have shown better fat preservation with Sustiva/3TC/tenfovir (the latter regimen fairly similar to Sustiva/Truvada. Numerous active studies are looking at fat distribution with Sustiva/Truvada so stay tuned. The current belief is that its impact on loss of fat is minimal compared to many other regimens.

The taste/tongue sensations have been rarely linked to your current HIV regimen. Similarly, dry skin has been reported. A small percent of patients have reported an increase in skin pigmentation (usually on palms of hands and soles of feet)often due to the FTC component of Truvada. KH

being mean
How to get HIV + woman pregnant from a HIV - man