I stopped Zerit and Hurray!

Hi Doc, I stopped Zerit about four months ago and I cannot tell you how relieved I am. I am seeing very visible signs that my cringed buttock is replenishing it self. My heavily viened arms are history as I have normal hands now, and although I cannot say I have ssen much change in my face, there is surely a recovery in my butt, hands and legs!! However, do you think it will ever be back to what it was before? I am now on Viread, videx and kaletra. I also take glucophage and lipitor for complications with the protease. What do you think? O

There isn't much information available (nor do I have much experience)on fat recovery with your current regimen so it is tough to prodict. Fat recovery is often slow. There is concern that some of the fat loss may be irreversible but we are early in the process of sorting that out. Sometimes I put patients on double boosted protease inhibitor regimen and stop all nukes in an effort to hasten fat recovery. I am not yet convinced that such a regimen helps but I have seen variable modest improvement in some patients. KH

Stop meds
can central serous retinopathy be a symptom of hiv infection?