Bubbles in side Lungs

My nephew 13, is hiv positive and had a bad bout with pcp. He has never been on any medications to treat the hiv. He has been in the hosipital Sept 13, 05. My question is the doctors have successfully treated the pcp with the bactrium and steriod inhaler. He is still on those meds plus the antivioral drugs. He is developing air pockets or bubbles inside of his lung, What is causing this? Can it be the steriod inhaler? TIA

In my experience blebs within the lung tissue (sort of air bubbles) seem to result from PCP itself (seems to occur more often in very severe PCP) and can be frustrating since sometimes one of them can burst and the lung can collapse (needing a chest tube to re-expand). KH

Changing to PI to deal with KS
switch medications