Changing therapy from Trizivir

Dear Doctor Henry Following your comments of 8th November I am now changing from Trivizir to Viramune, Epivir and Viread. The exact combos. you mentioned are not yet available here in France. My T cell count is stable at 450. At a first glance is this a suitable combination as a second go at therapy ? I am concerned about the liver as I have had hepatitis A , B and C and still remain antibody positive for these liver conditions although have not had a problem for 25 years with the liver. Would you second this choice that has been made for me or would you go for something else - I do not want to change meds. after this - I want to get this right ! I have to start taking the new combo. this week and so if you have time to respond now I can go ahead with taking them with some confidence. Many thanks, George

Most patients would do OK changing to the regimen you outlined though liver status needs to be monitored carefully. Efavirenz is an alternative to the nevirapine as would be number of ritonavir boosted or non-boosted protease inhibitors. Good luck.

This is my third time asking!!
Changing to PI to deal with KS