AZT or Epivir

I am currently on Effavirenz and combivir. my CD is 600 and viral below 50 but my doctor is suggesting changing from combivir to epivir. I am concerned that as my regime is working - why change? Is it because AZT is more toxic or there are more negative effects e.g. fat loss?

I assume you mean switching the Combivir (AZT + epivir) to Epzicom (abacavir + Epivir). When I do that I first simply add the abacavir for 8 weeks to sort out whether you develop a hypersensitivity to the abacavir. If no problems after 8 weeks generally quite safe to then use the combined product (Epzicom) and stop the Combivir. AZT has been linked to fat loss in some studies/patients and switching to abacavir has resulted in some slow recovery of fat in some studies. KH

effects on trigilicyde, RBC and HDL chlostrol
aseptic necrosis of the head