Swollen area under my eyes

I haven't changed my medicine regimen in almost a year. I've had Advanced HIV since Jan 2002. Over the past two days I have noticed that the area under my left eye (usually where the 'dark' circles appear) has swollen and gotten really puffy. My meds are the same like I said, I haven't changed laundry detergents, lotions, creams, etc. and I haven't been out of my apartment since I noticed these symptoms. I'm sleeping normal hours (about 8 a night), so needless to say I'm concerned. I've tried a compress and even tea bags, nothing's working to reduce the swelling. What could it possibly be?

Thank you, Robert

It would be unusual for any particular HIV med to cause a localized problem like you describe (particularly after 12 months on the same regimen). Have you had any trauma to that region or history of sinus. nanal,dental, or other facial infection that could result in an imbalance of drainage from that area? An ENT and/or dermatology evaluation might help. KH

Hypersensitive to Ziagen
switching time of Sustiva