excessively dry skin on my nose

good morning - i have excessive dry skin on my nose - particularly in the crevices where my nose meets my face (sorry for the crude description). It is a build up that happens over the course of the day - when i wake in the morning it isnt there - by the time i arrive at the office it starts to flake, and comes off in little clumps - like ear wax. i clean it all day long and it still just comes back. i have used all types of moisturiser to no avail. i have not always been like this, but have developed this over the last two years - half of that time i have been on HAART. i guess my question is: is there anything i can do to relieve this? is this common for people on HAART? FYI - i am 34, regular weight, active - no substantial side effects from treatment.

thanks,

Patrick

Sounds like you might have some form of eczema or seborrhea. For some patients an antifungal cream like ketoconazole helps some. A low potency corticosteroid also is helpful for some patients. A consultation by a dermatologist is often very useful to find a remedy that works for you. KH

Long term AIDS drugs & liver?
cholesterol statins