odor

Hello: I've made a search of the entire Site; googled the word; seen a dermotologist who in turn sent me to a neurologist (I still haven't gone to a neurologist).The word is body odor,it seems to exude from under the skin, I don't know if any one has this problem but I know that no one has a solution!I am not on meds,CD4s are in the 980s,no symptoms of any kind. This(odor) is going to ruin my job. Is there anything that would block this? Any suggestion would be useful. Thanks a lot.

Response from Dr. Conway

This is a fairly non-specific symptom, and you are right that there are no specific links to HIV or its treatment to point us in a specific direction. In general terms, certain chronic infections can cause localized odor related to them, but this does not seem to be the case for you. Some generalized conditions related to increased sweating, diabetes or liver disease should also be considered. Much depends on how long this has been going on, whether it is localized or generalized and whether anything seems to make it better or worse.

Treatment with Truvada and sustiva
Adherence