Oct 28, 2005
Hi, This might be a silly question, but I know that grapefruit can interact with HIV medication. I have been drinking Fresca for the past month -- sometimes with my medication -- and only now realized that it has some grapefruit concentrate. I read somewhere that about 1% of the can is from grapefruit -- so about 0.1 or 0.2 ounces. Should this be a problem?
Thank you for your time.
Response from Dr. Henry
The concern about grapefruit involves its effect on liver metabolism which could lower levels of HIV protease inhibitors, for example. The amount of real juice in Fresca is so low that no significant effect would be expected. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Two People Who've Never Had Sex Get Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Chlamydia?
- How Long Is Thrush Contagious?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.