stopped med

I was diagnosd in January,2005 and pregnant.I was on combivir and viracept through out the pregnancy.I delivered on Jul.30 and the baby has been tested three times,she comes back negative each time.I stopped taking my medication a weeek after delivering because my doctor told me I could stop if I want to after the baby's birth,infact she told me this about 2 months to delivering.My CDC is 765 and the viral load is undectectable even till now.I do go for regular check-up and I don't intend to stop just to be safe.Pls I need to know if I'm on the right track 'cos my next check-up is in three months time.Pls I'll appreciate an immediate response,if I need to go back b/4 then.

If you were generally asymptomatic from the HIV perspective before starting your meds during pregnancy and your CD4 count has not been less than 250-350 then usually stopping your HIV drugs is OK they stopping drugs like Viramune or Sustiva can lead to increased risk for resistance unless handled carefully. If your your CD4 count was never less than 250-350 and you have stopped your HIV meds then rechecking your blood work in 2-3 months if often reasonable but you shouyld discuss with your HIV specialist. KH

Dry Mouth
hiv and Cytomegalovirus