lump

I have a lump in my groin area. I am suffering from an enlarged prostate and waiting for an operation but now I have this lump in the right side of my groin. I have a catheter on and have had this for 14 months. The lump is not painful, just a dull ache but it's fairly long and large is it an hernia. Thanks, Geoff.

Response from Dr. Conway

Dear Geoff:

An isolated enlarged lymph node in the groin is a very unusual symptom of acute or chronic HIV infection. This being said, it is important to remember that with or without any symptoms, it is a good idea to have an HIV test if you have had any possible exposure to HIV in the past.

pep, lymph nodes
Dr Conway from india...please help....