Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A few reasons why a cure will never come Part 2
Oct 22, 2005

Thank you for reply! I agree with you Doc, but my point is not conspiracy but a sense of reality maybe a little too much dramatic but reasonable. Scientists and researchers like you may hope and pray for the good and the cure but not CEO's. The problem is that research must be an issue for non-profitable associations helped by volunteers and public funds and not one for corporations. Big industry doesn't care much about the infected people if there's not a good financial income, and this is not rethorical. All the diseases without a cure are the evidence for that. 20 years in collecting money from everywhere to kill this virus, milions and milions, and we still do not have a cure. Believe me I'm an optimistic person but with a deep sense of responsibility and sensibility for all the 40 milions of persons infected, most of them in the Third World and without access to the medicines. The fact of this is the proof that my thoughts about pharma corporations are not wrong. Thank you for attention and for publishing my point of view!

Response from Dr. Conway

There are a lot of people at universities and in the pharmaceutical industry working hard to find a cure. Let us hope that at least one of these individuals will be successful in our lifetimes and that their efforts will be recognized.

Previous
Partner's adherence to drug regimen
Next
Switching meds

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.