Oct 19, 2005
Is there any way to reduce facial wasting or replace the fat so I don't look so bad in the face. This question may have been asked but I can't find the answer.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Reversing facial fat loss is a real challenge. Changing HIV meds (such as switching off thymidine analogues= D4T and AZT or all NRTIs altogether) may slowly reverse fat loss. Uridine supplementation is under study. Plastic surgery offers cosmetic relief but is expensive. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Dizziness After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.