If not Sustiva then what?
Oct 19, 2005
Recently you noted that you are not a big fan of Sustiva as a first line treatment. My doctor has strongly recommended Sustiva/Truvada as the current gold standard as it has good potency and low side effect profile (except for initial Sustiva impact of dreams, etc..). What is your preference? Maybe the new PI that has had good lipid profiles in conjuctiong wiith Truvada?
Response from Dr. Henry
Sustiva/Truvada is a good regimen but if problems develop then suddenly there is resistance to 2 of the 3 major classes--a terrible start to decades of treatment. I prefer to suppress HIV to undetectable with little risk for resistance and then individualize a simpler maintenance regimen. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Can Steroids Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.