sexual dysfunction, infection in testicles

I have been positive since 1992, and have been on meds since 1996. Around 1995, I started having problems with erections. Last year I had an infection in the cords (or whatever they're called) leading to the testicles. Could this infection, which has now come back, be the cause of the dysfunction? I am currently on Androgel, and just changed meds this year. What is the cause of this infection? How can it be treated? and is there anything to do to prevent this from reoccurring? My doctor doesn't seem to really understand it. My sexual dysfunction has been going on now for many years to the point of not even dating. Is there any alternatives, or should I start thinking about a Viagra type drug. Thank you

Epididymitis is often slow to heal and could contribute to impotence. No particular HIV drug is clearly linked to impotence. HIV infection may cause some neurologic problems leading to impotence in some cases as can psychological issues or concerns about HIV transmission. A wide range of drugs can contribute to impotence (wide range such as alochol to cimetidine). Viagra type drugs can help though use has to be careful with certain HIV drugs (particularly protease inhibitors). KH

neuropathy
The brain!!!....Worry