Truvada/Sustiva or Truvada/Reyataz
Oct 13, 2005
Typically, which of the above combinations could I expect the least side effects from (And what are they normally?), and which would disturb my metabolism the least?
Response from Dr. Henry
Truvada/Reyataz would likely have fewer side effects but is not recommended at present because of a negative effect of the tenofovir on the levels of Reyataz. For that reason it is recommended to boost the Reyataz with 100 mg ritonavir. That regimen will be compared head to head (along with a Epzicom vs Truvada comparison) in a large soon to be opened ACTG trial (5202) which should provide better data to answer your question (little data available directly comparing the two). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Is Fever A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.