Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Could he have hiv

The father of my child died 5 years ago with an AIDS related illness.I went for tests and tested positive too.My son is sick all the time but he does not lose weight,feeds well and has never been in hospital.Its always mild diahorrea or coughs.I am now working in China and had to undego an HIV test which came back negative.I am not sure now if my child could also be positive or he has another problem which makes him have HIV simptoms?I have asked my mothe to take him for tests but she wont hear of it.How can i help my son.i put him on cotrimoxazole prophylaxis.Is it good for him?I am also on cotrimoxazole.Since i am so confused about my results,i have continued with the cotri.Will it have adverse effects on my health?I also had a CD4 count of 990 when i left my country.

If you are HIV negative is is very unlikely that your son is HIV infected unless he was exposed to contaminated blood or needles. It would be useful for him to get an HIV test (likely negative) so that other causes can be looked for.

positive ana level
Treatment