Horrible Itching and burning

I have been HIV+ for 4 years. My CD4 is 7 and viral load unknown. I have been taking Kaletra, Combivir, Clortrimazole, Valtrex, Protonix, and Bactrim daily now for about a month. I have extreme diareah (7 times or more a day/water). I have severe itching and burning in my genital and arm pit regions. Is this from the meds or the HIV? Am I considered full blown? I am getting ready to start Diflucan today. Will this stop the itch and burn. Especially bad at night and when I sweat. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the rash and itch? Thank you, Chad

Your skin complaints could be due to a wide range of conditions including immune reconstitution (a bad reaction to a good thing= your immune system getting better), fungal infection or other skin disorder (location makes it unlikely to be a generalized reaction to one of your HIV drugs). Sweating and hear/fever often can aggravate that sort of problem. Diflucan might help--topical steroids, antihistamines, use of a antiperspirant might help select patients. For severe cases I enlist the help of a dermatologist quickly (skin specialist). KH

Selenium Sulfate vs Selenomethione
Improving food intake in AIDS patients