|positive baby negative mother?
Oct 11, 2005
is it possible to give birth to an hiv positive child and the mother is negative given that the father of the child is positive too?
| Response from Dr. Henry
The only way a baby could be born HIV+ is if the mother is HIV+ or the baby received a transfusion of some type with HIV contaminated blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Birth Control Recommended For Women With Hep B
- Can Hiv Cause Testicle Pain?
- Can You Have Unprotected Sex With Someone Who Has Hiv But An Undetectable Virus Load?
- What Experts Say The Chances Of Catching Hiv From A One Night Stand?
- When Do Hiv Symptoms Usually Appear?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes In Neck Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.