positive baby negative mother?
Oct 11, 2005
is it possible to give birth to an hiv positive child and the mother is negative given that the father of the child is positive too?
Response from Dr. Henry
The only way a baby could be born HIV+ is if the mother is HIV+ or the baby received a transfusion of some type with HIV contaminated blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Headache A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Tingling In Feet An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.