Sores/scabs on scalp

I have been HIV+ for about 10 years and for almost all of that time I have had small scabs and/or sores on my scalp. My T-cells are 1,100 and my viral load is under 1,000. My dermatologist and my PCP do not know what is causing them. Can you help me understand the problem?

Very difficult to diagnose a skin/scalp disorder that has eluded your HIV specialist or dermatologist. Seborrheic dermatitis is very common is HIV + patients (dandruff like at times in the scalp) so a wide range of topical treatments (from regular use of tar shampoo to ketoconazole shampoo to salicyclic acid shampoo to topical steroids help different patients). KH

legal and ethnical issues
thrush question