A few reasons why a cure will never come

There are a few reasons in my opinion why a cure will never appear or not in a short period. Big Pharma has a lot of interests in not releasing a therapy that will destroy definitely the virus. The number of medicines available, the costs in the developing and the importance of the virus in using it for bateriological weapons and genetic research are not compatible with a short release of a definitive cure. HIV unfortunately is a big business for the industry and this is one of the greatest advantage for the virus itself and for its surviving. The pursuit of profit is the hope for HIV to exists for a long time and permitting the virus to enforce his destructive properties. If there will be a reasonable (in the meaning of business) period of time for the definitive cure I'll set it in a half century (50 years), the minimun time for Merck, Boehringer and the other big companies to earn a lot of billions having on conscience the live of millions of persons. Bottom line is more important than people. That's business. Welcome in the 21st Century! Watch "The Corporation" for more enlightment

Response from Dr. Conway

Although it is tempting to develop conspiracy theories, I think that all reasonable men and women who are working in this field, in academic or commercial settings, are praying that tomorrow will bring a cure to this horrible pandemic. The answer is not yet there, but hope and hard work are powerful things....

Sustiva + Truvada Rash
strange question-don't laugh