Plastic Surgery for Person with AIDS

I was diagnosed with HIV in 1986. I became a paraplegic in 1988. I have had multiple myocutaneous manipulations in my buttocks area due to atrophy. I'm 38 years old now and having a problem with a small pressure sore on my right ischial area. I have heard there are plastic surgeons doing work for HIV positive people and am wondering if I should seek one of these doctors to help with my problem, as my quality of life will be very limited if I am bedridden. Being able to sit up affects my ability to obtain and maintain a job and care for my activities of daily living. I would be very grateful if you have any knowledge of a surgeon who would be willing to help me. Thank you so much for your obvious compassion for those of us in this situation. Sincerely, Ron Burns

Numerous surgeons/plastic surgeons work with HIV+ persons. I would ask your HIV specialist to refer to a dermatologist or wound clinic to assess what your options are including surgery. KH

IBS
is my dr. right?