Joint Pain

I'm 35, and have been taking 3tc, sustiva and viread for about a year now. All my results are good, undetectable VL, CD4 rising to ~380 but I am more frequently having very painful ankles and for the first few hours after I get up in the morning the pain is quite noticeable - when I was sero-converting I had a massive arthritis attack which left me barely able to walk but this hasn't been a problem since. Could it be a side effect of my medication and if so is there another once a day combination you'd recommend?

Thanks for your help on this site it has been really useful over the years

It would be somewhat unusual for one of your HIV drugs to cause the AM symptoms you describe. More likely some sort of joint/tendon irritation that may be triggered by sleeping with the feet/ankles in a certain position. I would consider an evaluation by a rheumatologist to try and pin down the anatomy and etiology of your ankle complaints. KH

Personality effects of HIV
my swollen ankles