new treatment combination

Dear Dr Conway:

Thanks for reply of 22.09. I was advised that when I'll be accepted on a program by my Medical, my new regim will be soon as follows:

VIDEX EC 400mg one in morning 3TC tablets (150mg) two in morning and Kaletra capsules, 3 twice daily after food

Do you think it is a proper combination for me now ? My biggest problem up to now and specially after chemo, radio and steroid eye treatment is low CD4 counts. Otherwise conditions well manageable. Thanks Doctor and best regards. I/from SA

Response from Dr. Conway

This is a great combination, and one that is recommended/preferred by current guideline documents. The key will be early tolerability (watch for gastrointestinal side effects and neuropathy). Thereafter, make sure that your viral load is consistently going down, to ensure that resistance (especially to 3TC) does not develop.

Re: Dr. Conway....Can u help me?
could I be infected?