Do boils and blisters appear because of HIV
Sep 24, 2005
I have a son who has HIV/Aid and he has broken out with red spots that have turned into boils which keep seeping. Is this a side effect of what he has and she we be concerned. Could you please email me the answer as I am afraid that I won't find this site again. I need to know immediately as to what to do? Thank you. Dana email@example.com Please, please get back to me right away. It is Sept 23rd.
Response from Dr. Henry
Infections like that are a concern and could be caused by bacteria including some that are resistant to some standard antibiotics. Careful handwashing is important when coming into contact with lesions of that nature. He should be evaluated by his HIV provider for the skin condition you describe. Unlikely but still possible to be due to one of his HIV Meds depending on further details and which meds he is taking. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.