HIV Doctors in Miami

Coincidently I have found your site. Got a couple of questions, maybe you are able to help.

I was tested HIV positive some 10 years ago. To be honest, it was my first test I and I have absolutely no clue, for how long I had the virus in me before. Just though it could not hit me, as I am not gay nor using drugs. And after tested positive, exept using condoms I pretty much ignored the whole thing until some 3 years ago the thing collapsed on top of me and I was hit pretty bad by everything that can hit you with a desease like that. Nowadays I know, that I was extremely closed to jump the ultimate fence in those days. Immunity as low as New Orleans and Virus Load as high as the Ozarks. Advantually I was very lucky as the meds prescribed worked out just fine and I had absolutely no side effects whatsoever. I am living in Brazil, where the drugs are free of charge and my doctor is probably one of the best in the field in the country. 'Today everything is back to normal. Imunity is up to 900 and Virusload not detectable( -40).

But here my qestion: I am getting transfered by the company, I work for, to a Caribbean Island very soon and I don't think that there is adequate doctors available over there, so Miami is the next best option. Could you refer a doctor in the Miami area, which is specialized in HIV treatment (I am fully health insured so it may very well be the best or best reputated around)? I seem to be unable to find adequate adresses on the web.

Tnx a lot for your help

Barney

I would contact an AIDS service organization located in an area convenient to where you will be living or working in the Miamia area. A list of HIV providers by area code/region can be found under patients resouces at www.aahivm.org KH

Flatulence
What is the Neuropathy Progression?