gi side effects that bind

I am 29, arv experienced, and have been + for appx 11 years. Each of my arv changes, with the exception of a ziagen hypersensivity, has occurred due to gi complications ranging from the mouth to the anus. Dry mouth, diarrhea, gas, taste perversion, dehydration-of every orifice, and halitosis have been the culprit every time I've made the decision to either stop meds or change them. Immodium has been implemented, yet I'm either passing a huge brick or wiping for dear life. I do smoke, yet antifungal tablets have proven to help yet I can't convince my dr that is the case. Does milk thissle really work to relieve oral symptoms? When off meds I have only slight respiratory congestion and can maintain normal bowel function with a good diet and immodium. Side effects, when on meds, turn my gi track into a biological sewage disposal facility and causes my anus to practically sweat feces. My quality of life on meds is SEVERELY COMPROMISED! Do you have any suggestions?

In A Restroom Near You, David

I have cared for s few patients who have suffered like you= significant GI intolerance to most/all of the HIV drugs. Sometimes calcium supplements, oat brand, yogurt, lactaid, pacnreatic supplements, normal stool formula (? still on the market)have helped individual patients (trial and error process). A few of my patients have taken milk thistle and claim benefit (others have not) so I cannot endorse that product from my own experience. KH

KALETRA AND MUSCLEPAIN
jaja has a question