For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Rash after 2 1/2 years?

My meds: Viramune, Epivir, Viread. I've been on this treatment for 2.5 years. 3 days ago I started to get a rash on the inside of my arms and in my goin area. Red, prickly, itchy spots mostly. I was in my garden that day it started... and noticed a scratch on my arm. Not sure if they are related. My question: Can you get a rash from any of the meds I'm on after 2.5 years? I did go to my General pract. doc (not HIV doc) and he wasn't real concerned. Taking allegra and topical cream. Thoughts? Thanks!

It would be highly unlikely that the rash would be due to one of your HIV meds from what you describe. More likely some form of contact/heat reaction. KH

side effects of Kaletra/Truvada