Bowel Movements

Hi... I've been on medication for almost a year now(Kaletra and Combivir). The results have been fantastic. My T-cell count has gone up to almost 600 and my viral load is down below 50. The only long term side effect I've had is inconsistent bowel movements. It seems to go in cycles, a few days of loose bowels followed by a few days of normalcy. Is this side effect permenant, or will I eventually return to normalcy?

Thanks.

Persistent bowel complaints as you describe are fairly common with your regimen and often will persist indefinitely. Some patients are helped by calcium supplements, oat or other forms of bran, or daily low doses of immodium. Switching to an alternative regimen (atazanavir for Kaletra or Truvada or Epzicom for the Combivir for example) is another option for some patients. KH

Help GW873140 seems to have failed
facial swelling not fat loss?