what about ....

So I'm just curious...I've been reading the answers and just to summarize: lymph nodes related to HIV come in groups shall we say ? and also they last for extended periods of time...and also they are in pairs meaning left side of the body and also the right side of the body. One question is how long after would a lymph node be related to possible HIV infection... for instance I had an HIV test done about end of August and it had been 3 months for me and just recently I got a small node in my neck.. which I'm sure is nothing to worry about am I right doc?.. or can nodes come even after the waiting time ... but I keeping in mind i had a test done almost a month ago saying negative...

Response from Dr. Conway

There are many causes of small lymph nodes in the groin or neck, most of which are not HIV. If the node were part of acute HIV, it should come up within 6 -8 weeks of the exposure, so it is almost certain that you are safe. You need to get the HIV antibody test done 3 months after the exposure to confirm that you are negative. If other symptoms consistent with acute HIV infection occur in the meantime, you should talk to your doctor to get other tests done sooner, but it is almost certain that this will not occur.

Molluscum
hair loss