|Chronic stomach pain/gastroparesis/nausea/vomiting
Sep 16, 2005
35-y.o. white male with HIV/Hemophilia A, Positive 23 yrs has intractible nausea/vomiting, abd.pain, using lg. amts. of IV anzamet and morphine to control pain/vomiting. No one can explain cause of his intestinal problem;stating gastroparesis but no tx options have helped...No ulcer, other obvious stomach/intestinal probs..help!
Response from Dr. Henry
I assume you have had a complete GI workup including endoscopy/biopsy/evaluation for H pylori, endocrine problems? Marinol, Zofran, nutrition via a PEG tube all might help some patients. KH
AIDS and Diabetes
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Kiss A Girl?
- What Causes Hpv Other Than Sex?
- Ways Other Than Sex To Get Herpes
- Time It Takes To Get Genital Warts After Exposure
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.