HIV and exsisting Heart condition

Im a 26yo, male who's been HIV+ for about two years. Tcell of 470 and a VL of 217,000. I was born with congenital heart desease and have had a pacemaker since I was 4. Im concerned that when it comes time for meds that they might take a toll on my already weak heart. Are there any drugs out there that dont have a big effect on the heart with low side effects?

Most of the heart problems that are discussed in the context of HIV therapy related to coronary artery disease are due to increased lipids. Lipid elevations to HIV meds can vary widely by patient and regimen. There are an increasing number of HIV drugs available that have little to no effect on lipids. AZT can cause a myocardiomyopathy than can be carefully watched for. In regions with access to most HIV drugs a regimen which is a good fit for specific patients can often be identified though sometimes by trial and error. I have had numerous HIV + patients with congenital or acquired cardiac problems who have done very well on HIV therapy. KH

PEP and side effects...
Sustiva/Truvada Side Affects