|erratic heart rate
Sep 14, 2005
I'm a 33 year old female. I've been on Combivere and Viramune for about a year and doing well. (non detectable and cd4 of 800.) Lately at night I notice my heart seems to race or even skip beats. Could this be from the meds?
| Response from Dr. Henry
It is possible that the AZT component could cause some cardiac problems (cardiomyopathy or anemia with a fast heart rate) though that is not a common problem. Most likely other factors (such as caffeine, thyroid condition or stress) are active. A full history and physical examination would be recommended. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Burning Urethra After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.