Reyataz related jaundice and UV light

I recently dropped to a CD4 of 203 and in 3 months went back up to 461 with no change other then I became a vegatarian. Since then I have gotten yellow eyes and skin, I hadn't noticed until my doc an family pointed it out. All that aside, I like my regimin and don't want to change but don't want to be yellow. Is there any chance the moderate tanning and exposure to UV lamps would help reduce the yellowing skin?

Response from Dr. Conway

That is such an interesting question. In babies with elevated bilirubin, we sometimes expose them to UV light to reduce the coloration of the skin and help metabolize the bilirubin. However, in those cases, we are expecting the baby to start metabolizing the bilirubn themselves over a number of days, and we can stop the UV light treatment. In your case, I would suspect that if this were tried, it would need to be continued for as long as you are on the Reyataz. At that point, the deleterious effects of the UV would outweigh any beenfits, even if it worked. One thing to keep in mind is that Reyataz-associated jaundice can come and go over time. It may be worse if you are under stress or if you have another illness of some sort going on...so keeping healthy and stress-free may help you be less yellow and stay on your regimen.

what is this?
body pains