what is this?

For the past couple of months I have had some questions for my dr. and they always tell mw that it is just saliva collecting around my mouth, but I am not quite sure that is true. In the morning it seems that I have thick white saliva around the edge of my lips. There are no bumps or lesions or anything and my dr. says that my mouth could have always been this way and I am just now noticing. But I was wondering what this sounds like to you? Please give me some kind of reassurance that whether they are right or not. I have anxiety problems and this is really beginning to upset me.

Response from Dr. Conway

It is hard to say for certain, but your doctor may be right. Other considerations would be early oral candidiasis (it may be worth taking a swab) or some inflammation of your salivary glands (it may be worth talking to your doctor about this quite specifically). Other things are possible, but if you are otherwise well, it is hard for me to imagine that this is anything more serious or life-threatening...

Will facial reverse if I change from Zerit?
Reyataz related jaundice and UV light