Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

what is this?
Sep 12, 2005

For the past couple of months I have had some questions for my dr. and they always tell mw that it is just saliva collecting around my mouth, but I am not quite sure that is true. In the morning it seems that I have thick white saliva around the edge of my lips. There are no bumps or lesions or anything and my dr. says that my mouth could have always been this way and I am just now noticing. But I was wondering what this sounds like to you? Please give me some kind of reassurance that whether they are right or not. I have anxiety problems and this is really beginning to upset me.

Response from Dr. Conway

It is hard to say for certain, but your doctor may be right. Other considerations would be early oral candidiasis (it may be worth taking a swab) or some inflammation of your salivary glands (it may be worth talking to your doctor about this quite specifically). Other things are possible, but if you are otherwise well, it is hard for me to imagine that this is anything more serious or life-threatening...

Previous
Will facial reverse if I change from Zerit?
Next
Reyataz related jaundice and UV light

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.